Sunday, July 24, 2005

Disco Inferno

Well, survived Travoltas madness. DJ'ing outside on the main stage in that heat almost did me in, though. My sanity was somewhat salvaged, however, by my decision to bring out my "Disco Sucks" t-shirt, which got a few laughs and a few scowls (exactly what I was shooting for.)

All I know is that it's gonna be a bit before I feel like climbing back into that DJ booth, that's for sure. One looooong night of spinning records. Well, CD's (records would have melted.) I now know what it feels like to sweat out your entire body weight. The whole afterhours at 2nd Ave., I was STILL drenched from DJ'ing outside. Nothing like a sweaty, stinky DJ to really drive the ladies wild, eh?

On a side note, I picked up one of these
personal cooling system thingers from Sharper Image. I went in there looking for one of those battery powered fans so as not to melt my equipment this weekend, and walked out of there impulse buying one of those personal cooling things. As high tech as it may look, it's actually pretty simple. You pour water into it, there's a sponge on the inside that soaks it up, then a little fan blows air through the sponge, making kind of a cool mist effect on your neck. As lo-tech as that sounds, it actually works and DOES make a nice little cooling effect on your neck. Of course, you wear it and look like you need a lift to the nearest Battlestar Galactica convention over in Nerdtown... but this weekend, fashion was NOT my top concern.

No comments: