Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Crash on Brokeback Mountain

Wow.

Didn't expect "Brokeback Mountain" to NOT win an Oscar for Best Picture.

Just like I didn't expect Three-Six Mafia TO win an Oscar for Best Song.

A few random wobbling Oscar thoughts:

* Jon Stewart did an okay job. Not a great job. Not a Billy Crystal job, as much as I hate to say that. But an okay job. His best line of the night: "Martin Scorcese... zero Oscars. Three-Six Mafia... 1 Oscar."

* Man, I wanted Michelle Williams to win for Best Supporting Actress. But only because she was on Dawson's Creek. And she's gorgeous.

* Of course, by that argument, Jessica Alba should win EVERY award. That kind of cute doesn't even seem possible in nature. They should make a movie of her just sitting around for a couple hours, I'd go see it. Maybe twice.

* Something about Reese Witherspoon really creeps me out. You know in the gossip columns, when they can't NAME who they're talking about, but they tell scandalous stories nonetheless? Like "WITNESSED! An unnamed diva hiring a limousine... for her DOG?" Whenever I read one of those, I just sort of automatically assume they're talking about Reese. I don't know why. She just strikes me as the sort of person who, once the cameras go off, screams about noone removing the green M+M's from her dressing room. I might be totally off on that, but there's something about the way she carries herself... plus her acceptance speech seemed just a bit too rehearsed. I also feel the same way about Renee Zellweger, even though I love her.

* Speaking of Reese, I finally got around to watching "Walk the Line" this weekend. Man, what a great movie, though I think I side with Roseanne Cash in thinking that some of the dialogue is stuff that the REAL Johnny Cash NEVER would've said.

Right, then. Oscars sorted. I'm off to go listen to some Three Six Mafia, coz, like the OSCAR AWARD WINNERS themselves say, "I gotta stay hi-i-i-i-i-i-i-igh until I di-i-i-i-i-i-i-ie."

No comments: