Wednesday, August 16, 2006

One More Reality Show Down the Drain


Those of you that know me know that there is but one motivation in my life:

FASHION.

Okay, so not so much. Truth is, I can barely dress myself, let alone know the difference betwixt good and bad fashion.

That said, this season I am ADDICTED to "Project Runway."

And not because of fashion. In all honesty, I think most of the things that come down that runway at the end of the show are hideous... and 100%, completely and totally, inapplicable to daily life.

No, there was a much more pressing reason to watch "Project Runway" this season.

That reason: ALISON. My GOD, what a hottie. Here's a girl who's trying to be a fashion designer, while in truth, she should be one of the MODELS strutting these bizarre creations down the runway. And, from what limited fashion taste I possess, I thought her designs looked great.

For the past two months, I've been meticulously watching every episode, imagining what it would be like to be Mr. Alison, living the artistic life, going to high profile fashion functions and then perhaps discussing the hidden merits of Sigur Ros b-sides over escargot and Kristal (hey, this is MY fantasy, shut up.)

Anyways, she got booted tonight... and a nation mourns. Well, at least the straight guys who watch "Project Runway" mourn. All 8 of us.

Here's to you, Alison. Let's hope your fashion career blossoms... and that you model your own stuff.

No comments: