Thursday, May 26, 2005

Archived Columns Are Up!

WOO-HOO!

I just got permission from my editor at the paper to be able to reprint my weekly newspaper columns here on this blog...

So... I just finished uploading all 35 columns that I've written thus far since starting for The Leader back in Oct. 2004 (which then started appearing in the Dispatch/Argus in Mar. 2005).

So should you feel like doing any spelunking through the archives, you'll find every column that I've written -- in their original, unedited glory. See, I tend to be a bit long-winded when I write... and one thing that I certainly suck at is keeping to my recommended 650 words a week. This means that some poor copy editor has to take my column every week and whittle it down into something publishable. Most often, the end result is a BETTER column... but once in a while, I feel like my best jabs get yanked before the column goes to print.

In posting my original, unedited stuff, you can now see it as it leaves my pen (oh, who am I kidding, I don't actually handwrite a thing.) This includes a column I wrote back in October 2004 on speed dating that never made it into the paper, but I thought was kinda funny so I've added it here. Enjoy. Or don't. It's YOUR call. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're putting the columns up here now as bugging you for them gets me nowhere. ;) Kiss your editor for me.