Sunday, May 22, 2005

Festival #1 Over. Headache #1 Over.

Hornucopia in The District is officially over.

Still trying to figure the weekend out. The crowds were kinda thin, and tempers were kind of on edge as the bar owners seemed to be at each other's throats.

But all in all, I for one had fun.

The greatest band to ever play at a District fest, in my humble opinion, are The Pocket Dwellers. It's so fantastic that those guys make the journey down from Canada just to play our club from time to time.

Usually I have to DJ next door while they're onstage, but this weekend, I got to catch most of BOTH of their sets, so I was really happy -- and, thin crowds or not, they tore the lid off the District. Fantastic musicians and some of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

The rumor is that they're pretty close to inking a major label deal (at least up in Canada.) Here's hoping their success comes fast and hard, as they REALLY deserve it. I just hope they don't get so big that they don't forget their friends in the Island of Rock. Losing them in the District would be a tragedy...

No comments: